Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Everybody Loves Rain, Man


There has been such a dry spell (I'm not referring to the humor in my blog) lately and this rain is a very welcome relief (how do you spell relief?).

I've always loved the rain.

When I was a kid, I remember swinging on my swing set while the rain came pouring down (unlike the coffee in yesterday's post and, btw .. mom, there was no thunder or lightning .. I promise). I recall the smell when it first started (very different than that smell after riding the rollercoaster one time at Libertyland .. I tell you, the back car WAS jumping the track!). It was so refreshing.

The rain can certainly put a damper (pun intended .. duh) on things, especially if you are planning a picnic, hike, or camping trip (ah .. our first family camping trip .. I'll share that story at another time). However, there is nothing more relaxing than sitting on the couch with a good book (I'm particularly fond of, "Robert. the Rose Horse" and "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" .. okay, I haven't read that many books since Drew and Megan were little) while the rain is gently falling outside your window.

Rain, rain, go away .. come again some other day? Shut your mouth!

Let it pour, baby.

No comments: