Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This Is No Baby Monitor


Before, what I will now refer to as, "the incident" with Cheryl's car, I had been saving my money to purchase a large LCD monitor. My primary computer is a laptop and I believe a lot of the pain in the neck (as in .. I can sometimes be one) problems that I experience is from looking down constantly at the screen.

The prices have been dropping little by little (much like gasoline .. I bought some in Huntingdon yesterday for $2.71) and I was waiting to find a good deal on a 22" model.

While we were in Gatlinburg, which I will now refer to as "the place that crushes the spirit and sucks the very life from you", I saw this 22" Acer for $165 at buy.com. They did collect tax from Tennessee residents, but shipping (7 to 9 days) was free.

I know I should have used that money to put toward purchasing another car for Cheryl. That would have been the responsible thing to do. However, since the car is for Cheryl and not me, it was easier to go ahead with my selfish plans.

I am evil, pure and simple.

Imagine my surprise when I returned to the office (not the one I love .. but the place where I work) yesterday afternoon to find the monitor had been delivered .. in record time (3 to 5 day delivery would have been over $18 .. I got in in three days for free .. give me a Hamilton high five).

It is now sitting on the one table that can actually be used around here (remember, we are still waiting for the new quarter rounds before getting our house in order .. and, by the way, everyone certainly needs to do that.

This thing is HUGE compared to the 15" screen on my MacBook Pro and I feel confident my neck pain is going to get better. It has already been great for these old, tired eyes.

I just have to be careful. It's so big, it totally blocks out the sun and could cause me to quickly lose my bronze, "George Hamilton-like" tan.

That's the price you have to pay for technology.

Sorry, ladies. No more "eye candy" for you.

No comments: