Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cold As Ice


We are still without heat at the Hamilton house and it's pretty cold this morning here at the computer. I'm wearing a heavy bath robe and a wool scarf on my head in an attempt to stay warm and I now hold an uncanny resemblance to my Aunt Lizzie (if I pinned my house key to the inside of my shirt .. it would be down right eerie).

If it weren't for electric blankets and gas logs, we would be really in trouble during this cold snap (crackle, pop).

My nose is cold. My hands are cold. My feet are cold My .. my, my .. it's cold.

To make matters worse, I am having blood work done this morning and I can't have anything to eat or drink. No hot cocoa, coffee or oatmeal (I can't believe I am actually upset about missing out on oatmeal) to warm me up on the inside.

At least we still have hot water .. for now. So, I'm headed to the shower in an attempt to thaw out a little bit (I've seen Cheryl run hot water over frozen chicken breasts .. and it seems to work). Afterwards, it's off to my men's prayer group (7 o'clock) at the Humboldt Grill.

I hope they'll let me hang around the griddle.

It stays pretty hot, you know.

No comments: