Monday, October 27, 2008

Hair Today. Gone Tomorrow.


Yesterday's post was "late and .. lame" (no offense, Russ. I had no intention of making you my main entry .. it just happened that way) and I feel like I need to apologize to my faithful reader(s).

Sometimes I get "writer's blog" and can't think of anything to say. However, this was not the case yesterday. Like a tired kernel in a bag of Orville Redenbacher's, I was just "too pooped to pop."

Life is hard. Sundays are harder.

Don't take this the wrong way. I love "the day of rest" and on some occasions, I actually get to kick back for a little while and take a nap on the couch. When that happens, you can almost (this is operative word) stand being around me. If I don't get to sleep for fifteen or twenty minutes .. look out.

Those of you who have "real jobs," probably look at me and think I have it made. I'm in an environment that doesn't make fun of me for being a christian and I get to work with believers the majority of the time. I suppose that is true. However, don't think for a minute that what I do is easy. There is no "easy" button (trust me .. I looked). If you don't think I work hard, just take a look at the blisters on my bottom (actually, that's inappropriate .. and somewhat .. creepy) from sitting at a desk all day.

Christmas is approaching at a rather rapid rate of speed and that makes me even less pleasant than usual (are you encouraged?).

In addition to fatigue, I suffer from an ailment commonly known as .. Pre Musical Syndrome.

Try not to make eye contact between now and the end of December.

It's just better that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all appreciate the job you do Kevin....but for those of us who know you soooo well and love you (that part is Biblical) we will steer clear.

Cathy said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Spent many a holiday season avoiding eye contact!! And be sure to watch out for Kevin when his ears turn red!!