Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Baptist Bird


I often tell the story of feeling God's "calling" many years ago and trying to discern in what area of ministry He wanted me. I knew it wasn't to be a preacher because I didn't know many jokes and I didn't like fried chicken .. two huge requirements.

That has all changed.

I still don't know many jokes (a fact reinforced on a daily basis, here), but I do like the taste of chicken. In fact, about the only part of the chicken that I have not eaten .. is the "cluck."

I'm sure many of you are thinking this is strictly just "for the health of it."

Too much red meat is not good for you and since our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 6:19), it only seems appropriate to eat something more healthy.

Yes. That's exactly why I eat chicken. I'm a health nut (okay .. maybe just a nut).

Lee's Chicken in Milan, has the best chicken around. I really like it.

Cheryl, really loves it. I mean to the point that I should be jealous. If she looked at me like she looks at one of their boneless chicken breasts, I would know that nothing could ever come between us.

Last night, we went to Lee's.

Today, the world is so much brighter.

No comments: