Saturday, October 25, 2008

Climb Every Mountain


I am on a men's retreat with guys from FBC today (we arrived last night at Pickwick Landing State Park), so this will probably be brief (not boxer).

We have this morning free to fish, golf, hike or, as in my case, .. blog.

I've never really been very sports oriented.

On Sunday, most of "the guys" at church are talking about watching football all day on Saturday and sometimes I feel a little left out. My Saturdays usually consist of dusting and cleaning bathrooms.

There are similarities, however.
  • There is the "touchdown" when Cheryl does her white glove inspection of my dusting.
  • The "coin toss" occurs when she tries to flip a quarter on the bed (that I just made) to see if it bounces.
  • If the coin doesn't bounce .. you see my "backfield (backside, actually) in motion."
  • When Cheryl has to remind me twice about taking out the garbage, she extends her index finger and gives me an "extra point."
  • When I've done well, Cheryl tells me I'm a "fair catch."
  • "Punt" is what I do if she comes home and finds me asleep on the couch when I should be working.
  • "First down" refers to the one who goes to bed the earliest.
  • "Tight end?" .. no way I'm "tackling" that one.
Of course, everyone knows (you know .. don't you .. sweetie?) this is all in jest. I am married to the most wonderful woman in the world who has an even more wonderful sense of humor (that's my fervent prayer).

Cheryl, I'll be "rushing" home this afternoon to ask your forgiveness for, once again, dogging you on my blog.

Speaking of dogs (nice segue, huh?), I know you've been wanting a puppy. Well .. I didn't get you one. However .. while I was out by the lake this morning, a duck started following me around. I've tried to ditch the little fellow, but he won't leave my side.

I talked to the ranger and they have agreed to let me bring it home .. to you .. for a pet.

You will now have your own "personal fowl."

Sorry, readers. I'm even groaning over that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Cheryl...Sounds like you ought to leave the football lingo and move on to basketball.....you just "fowled" out!