Monday, October 6, 2008

I Really Blew It


I'm late with today's post because I had to be up and out very early this morning. If you recall, from yesterday, we were having a slight problem with Cheryl's car.

That slight problem has turned into a major issue because I have a blown head gasket.

Actually, the car has a blown head gasket .. wait, the car AND I have a blown head gasket (I blew my top immediately after receiving the news).

This kind of stuff (the "G" rated version of the word I was thinking of) happens to me all the time. I shouldn't even be surprised anymore. They say "bad things happen to good people." I'm not sure if I qualify as "good", but the "bad things" part .. I have it down to a tee.

We could have the head gasket replaced (on the car, not me), but they can't guarantee this would fix the problem. It is possible that one of the heads could be cracked (on the car, not the mechanics who delivered the bad news).

I am weighing all my options (and leaning heavily toward carbon monoxide poisoning) before making the final decision on what to do.

In the mean time .. does anyone have a bicycle?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Don't you "love" all the fun of having cars and things that can break right when you need them NOT to break? Hope you can get it fixed without too much hassle or money.