Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Place for Everything and Everything in Its Place


Things are almost back to normal (this is a relative term .. I have one cousin who might be considered normal .. the rest of the family is nuts .. like me) around the Hamilton house.

We have moved most of the furniture (whatever Cheryl and I could lift by ourselves) back into place. That is, the items Cheryl wants back into place. This, evidently, has ended up being the ideal time for us to do some fall cleaning, rearranging and discarding (yes .. we threw away all cards).

Our house now has three bedrooms and a path.

Tomorrow, I have been promised a couple of big "He-Men" with strong backs to come over and get those final pieces of furniture back in place.

If you recall, my friend Jim and I moved everything out. However, we "cheated" a little by sliding a few of the heavier pieces. Since the floors have been redone, this is now a "no no." Thus, the need for brute force.

I trust things will go as planned tomorrow and, by bedtime, every item will be returned to it's rightful place (a rightful place is wherever Cheryl says put it .. and btw, she can tell you where to put it with one of her cold, icy, stares).

I have a new respect for those in the furniture business.

Harry, if you need some help at Peoples Furniture Company, I have experience.

I'm not bragging .. I'm complaining.

No comments: