Friday, October 17, 2008

Watch It, Buddy

During a time when everyone wants to "watch the market," I am in the "market for a watch."

I am currently wearing a Walmart special that set me back a good $12. The watch itself is still running, but the band looks like it has been through a meat grinder. Actually, I believe it has been through a meat grinder (long story).

Purchasing a new band is an option. However, a new band would cost as much as I paid for the watch. Therein, is my dilemma.

I have owned some pretty cool wristwatches in the past.

One of the more recent ones was a "Think Different" watch from Apple where the numbers were displayed backwards (12, 11, 10, etc.) and the hands ran counter-clockwise. It took a little getting used to, but it was a great conversation (time)piece.

I am now looking for something "cool" and money is no object (I'm going to add the amount to my upcoming car loan .. surely I can pay off my watch in 36 months??) because a good watch is essential .. for me.

Cheryl's seems to always run about fifteen minutes late.

No comments: