Saturday, October 11, 2008

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow


You have been reading (I'm sure some come here only for the pictures) about my car problems and other various ramblings this week and now it is time for you to know "the rest of the story" (page two .. have you tried the Bose Acoustimass music system?).

All these things (since last Saturday) have taken place (drum roll, please) .. during our vacation in Gatlinburg. That's right, we blew the head gasket on Cheryl's car climbing the mountains of east Tennessee on our very first day here.

If National Lampoon ever decides to do another "Vacation" movie, they can use our story .. for a price (I have to buy another vehicle, you know).

I wanted to be up front and let you know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. However, Cheryl doesn't like me giving out too much specific information about our whereabouts (she suspects many of my readers might have criminal ties), so I withheld information (much like the US government) to protect our belongings back home.

Well, today the "fun" is over and we are on our way back to Humboldt .. in the rental car we have been using all week.

Even though things got off to a rocky start and we now have no money, whatsoever, we did have a nice time hiking trails and relaxing. A plus was having Will and Megan here .. very briefly, but still here.

All in all, not bad. Not good, but .. not bad.

At least I can still look forward to retirement. Which reminds me .. how's the stock market?

I made a vow not to watch the news while I was on vacation.

Besides, what could possibly happen in only a week?

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Car trouble seems to be the norm lately. Sorry about yours! Thought you might like to see this flyer that's online. You are famous now, I see.
http://sbcmc.org/NL_Jan_08_Inside.pdf

RevKev♫ said...

You can tell everyone you knew me back when ... Good to hear from you!