Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not In Your Wildest Dreams


I'm a dreamer. Oh, I don't mean I have hopes and aspirations for the future. It's just that when I go to sleep (this is getting more difficult to do each and every night), I have dreams .. strange dreams.

I spent much of last night performing with Charlotte Hanson (from the Worship & Music Ministry of the TBC) in a production similar to "High School Musical."

Why did I dream this? I have no clue (I'm even more perplexed than usual). Perhaps it was a "bit of undigested beef, a blob of mustard, (or a) crumb of cheese." In other words, one explanation is .. gas (trust me, that could totally be it .. I'm full of the stuff).

I'm sure Freud would have had a "field day" analyzing me. "Getting into my head" would probably have sent him on another career path. Something more fulfilling like .. shoveling elephant poop at the circus.

When you have tons of strange thoughts floating around in your brain all day, they are bound to manifest themselves in some pretty weird ways. I have .. been chased by a twenty foot chitterling, become half-man/half-pig (some women think they are one and the same), and driven a car .. after changing into a dog (wait, I believe that last one was a Disney flick).

Why can't I just fly and show up for work with no clothes on (actually, once on Halloween .. never mind) like normal people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the key word.....Normal! All I want to know is how was the performance?