Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sleepers Awake


It's after 8:30 p.m. and I am just getting around to today's post. I could have written it at 2:00 o'clock this morning, but I wasn't thinking very clearly at that hour.

Yes, I had another sleepless night.

It wasn't because I had the upcoming week's hectic schedule on my mind (though it is a busy one) or because I ate too much (though I did). It was because of drug use. That's right. I took some 12 hour allegra-D® earlier in the evening and the "D" which may cause nervousness and sleeplessness .. did cause nervousness and sleeplessness.

I tossed and turned all night and Cheryl had to peel me off the ceiling this morning to go to church. The upside was we did all the music (congregational and choir) in less that 4 minutes flat (a couple more minutes were sharp). The Tennessee Highway Patrol wouldn't be able to clock the speed of my tempi this morning.

Most days, I can be just a bit "high strung" (I know that is hard to fathom). Add some time-released chemicals into my system and get out of the way .. I'm a steamroller, baby.

Now, things have leveled out and I'm back down to earth walking with ordinary men. All is well .. until my next sinus attack.

When that happens .. be afraid. Be very afraid.

No comments: