Thursday, August 21, 2008

Christmas in August

The Adult Choir had a "listening party" last night where we introduced the music for this year's Christmas musical. We had lots of food, including pinto bean fudge (I bet that explains a lot of things this morning, doesn't it) that Teresa made and placed on the table .. unlabeled.

We had a good time listening, laughing and licking our fingers last night. Next week, however, it's time to get down to business. There are plenty of songs (eleven, actually) to learn and December 13 & 14 will be here before you know it.

In the spirit of the holiday season and because this account of my life is posted on the www, here are the words (author unknown .. I believe he was in my sixth grade science class) to "Happily Addicted to the Web". It is sung to the tune of "Winter Wonderland". Please sit up straight and use your very best singing voice.

Doorbell rings, I'm not list'nin'
From my mouth, drool is glist'nin'
I'm happy although my boss let me go
Happily addicted to the web

All night long, I sit clicking
Unaware time is ticking
There's beard on my cheek, same clothes for a week
Happily addicted to the web

Friends come by; they shake me saying, "Yo, man!
Don't you know tonight's the senior prom?"
With a listless shrug, I mutter, "No, man.
I just discovered laugh-a-lot dot com!"

I don't phone, don't send faxes
Don't go out, don't pay taxes
Who cares if someday they drag me away
I'm happily addicted to the web

No comments: