Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Opposites Attract


It's Wednesday morning and I am up early .. as usual. Cheryl's alarm has gone off twice at this point and she is still "under cover" (no, she does not work for the CIA). She has a snooze button and she's not afraid to use it .. multiple times.

I suppose what Paula Abdul sang in her 1989 debut album, "Forever Your Girl" (I'm ashamed that I know this), is true. Opposites do attract.

Cheryl loves to read. Me? Not so much.

I'm in a men's group on Wednesdays that is currently going through a Max Lucado book .. for those who might have just started reading this blog (yeah, right .. like new people are reading this stuff. If this were a TV show, I would have been cancelled weeks ago). Today's chapter is entitled, "Caught with Your Pants Down, But Your Head Up" (I wish I had thought of that) and is only three pages long. The only way it could be more perfect is if someone would read it to me while feeding me chocolates.

Cheryl loves to work in the yard. I know that there are 36" in a yard.

Cheryl goes to the gym. I have a friend named Jim.

Despite our differences, I know God put us together. Not once in our 27 years (28 in September) of marriage did Cheryl ever consider divorce.

Murder .. maybe, but never divorce.

No comments: