Thursday, August 14, 2008

Clean Before My Lord


If cleanliness is really next to godliness, I must have a great spiritual need (no one's arguing with me on this one) in my life.

Organization has never been one of my strong suits. Don't get me wrong. When I plan a worship service, it is with great detail. Every song, key change and tempo is carefully laid out to reflect the theme of the service or sermon. Everything must be in place.

However, an empty coke can or "Little Debbie"® wrapper can live within the walls of my office (in the trash can or floor .. it really doesn't matter) for several weeks at a time without bothering me one bit.

I admit it (that's the first step toward recovery), I'm a slob.

When people come by to see me, all they actually see is the upper portion of my head (eye contact is totally over-rated). This is somewhat embarrassing for me and I will often greet visitors at the front (they think I am so personable .. actuality there's no room for them back in the catacombs).

I'm tired of living like Oscar Madison (plus the fact that Gibby said I needed to do something about this awful mess) and I'm going to do some cleaning .. starting next week.

Procrastination is another one of my vices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this a cry for help? For somebody to come in and clean for you. The Lord says we are to be servents...