Thursday, August 28, 2008

All By Myself .. Don't Wanna Be .. All By Myself


Eric Carmen and, more recently, Celine Dion sang about the agony of being alone later in life. I feel your pain, my dear brother and sister. Maybe it's just me, but people seem to be distancing themselves from me these days.

When I started this blog, it was pretty much for informational purposes. I was promoting upcoming church events and telling about my travels. However, when I made the decision to update daily, I found I had to "scramble" to come up with something to say (whatever you're thinking right now .. keep it to yourself).

That means I have kept my eyes and ears open to what's going on around me.

If you just happen to cross my path, you might end up as one of my blog entries. If you say anything the least bit interesting (okay, it doesn't even have to be interesting), you might read about it the next day, right here.

Let face it. Like a seamstress with no money, I'm desperately in need of some new material (if I had a dollar for every time ..).

Consequently, people won't talk to me. They won't hang around with me. They avoid eye contact. I feel like a leper, or worse .. a lawyer. When you are a very social person, this really hurts.

I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself. There are so many people who have it much worse than I. On Thursdays, I visit the hospitals and they are filled with hurting people. People lying flat on their backs, many unable to get out of the bed without assistance.

I'm taking a pen and legal pad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God places us in places for a season of our lives. He needs us to thank Him for putting us in the place we are in. Praise God for allowing you the time to focus on Him insead of bugging you with other people around you. Praise God for what He has given you. And praise God that you are able to get up by yourself (well for the time being) without having to have somebody help you.

Give God the praise for the lonelyness you are experiancing right now! Praise God!!!!