Monday, August 11, 2008

No Stairs, No Screens, No Stress


It's official. Come September, First Baptist Church in Humboldt is going to have a Senior Adult Choir.

I had an organizational (a word not often associated with my name) meeting at 5:30 PM yesterday with those 55+ who were interested in participating in a choir specifically created for them. The response was good (no one went to sleep .. or died) and we are moving forward.

The most difficult part was trying to find a meeting time. These people have busier schedules than I do.

There were those who volunteered at the hospital. There were those who volunteered at the soup kitchen. Some had monthly mission meetings (Peter Piper picked a peck ...) and the list went on and on.

Finally, we landed on Mondays at 1:30 PM. Right after lunch. Prime time for the elderly (I'll be slipping "NoDoze" pills in their drinks).

Now all we need is a name for the group.

I'm not sure if I want to go with something cutesy like the "Silver Singers" or the "Golden Agers". If Murray Pearson ends up joining, we might have to be called "The Bucket Choir".

KORN has already been taken.

No comments: