Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Deal or New Deal


When Franklin D. Roosevelt won the presidential election in 1932, Americans were wanting to see some immediate changes in this country. He responded with a series of new programs in the first hundred days of his administration that were ALL approved by Congress.

This set the standard for every president who followed FDR and the media has carefully watched the first 100 days of each administration since.

Today is my 100th post and I know my readers, near (Humboldt) and far (Three-Way), have been anxious to see "how I've been doing".

If you have been reading this blog from the very beginning, I believe you will notice many changes.

This blog was conceived (in liberty and dedicated to the proposition) as a place to make ministry related announcements and to help me learn how to .. blog. I didn't know what blogging was, I just knew it was one of the things I had to try before I died (skydiving was out .. mom said no).

This started out as one thing. It then took a deadly turn into something very weird and awful that has now grown from a readership of just my own family to a readership of just my own family and a couple of their friends.

FDR had every single request that he made granted in those first hundred days of his office. Not me (where's my pony?). I can hardly get in my office (a story for another day). Yet, I continue writing.

I know I'm being scrutinized by the general public (he served with Patton, I believe). Yet, I continue writing.

I've had many, many requests concerning this blog. Yet, I continue writing.

There is nothing to fear but fear itself .. and what I might say next.

No comments: