Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saturday Nights Are Alright for Fighting .. How About Sunday Mornings?


Bro. Greg's (welcome home from Guatemala .. pink fingernails and all) message this morning talked about Satan's strategy to "trip us up" on a regular basis. There's a fight going on out there, a spiritual battle that the growing believer faces each and every day.

I had a copy of this sermon before the team left on their mission endeavor, so all of today's songs had to do with "fighting", "attacking" and "battle". Sort of like your first year of marriage.

"A Mighty Fortress" and "The Battle Belongs to the Lord" speaks about our total dependancy on God to sustain us through the fight with the enemy.

The choir sang a song called, "The Armor of God" which was actually an old youth choir number from a few years ago. We had the text on the screens (this was the first time, to my knowledge, that FBC had the words "messin' around" for everyone to see) and it helped reinforce the meaning of the song (okay, maybe I didn't think we were annunciating our words clearly).

We face challenges every day (Cheryl always seems to have an "unspoken request". I'm not an idiot. I know it's me) and our only hope is found in HIM.

As we start a new week, I can't rely on my own strength (where did I put that holy hand grenade?) to carry me through. I'm placing my life in His hands.

"Faith Is the Victory" that overcomes the world.

No comments: