Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Slow and Steady Wins the Race


Yesterday was quite a busy day which included a good, but lengthy, morning staff meeting (it was still going on when I had to leave), lunch with the senior adult group at Trenton (see yesterday's post), a driving lesson on the new van/bus (thank you Kevin Kail for not yelling at me), tying up "loose ends" at the office, and an evening meal (I ate so many hushpuppies, I thought I was going to turn in to one) with "my own" seniors.

I tried to go to bed at a decent time, but I had a problem falling asleep and then, later, staying asleep. I'm sure it had nothing to do with consuming mass quantities of fried dough (those hushpuppies were awesome) and fried fish (it ain't heavy .. it's my supper).

For whatever reason, I am having a difficult time "getting started" this morning.

Two cups of coffee usually gets me going in the morning. However, it also gets me going in the morning (oh, the irony) and that makes it harder when you're trying to get ready to face the "daily grind" (pun intended .. I'm such a drip).

Also, if there's anyone who doesn't need caffeine, it's me. I know this is going to come as a shock to many, but I'm a little high strung. Okay, maybe more than a little. When I say "more than a little" I mean, compared to me, Barney Fife looks like he's on Xanax®.

When I'm seated, my leg constantly shakes (even more than "Shaky Leg Greg"). When I'm standing, my leg constantly shakes (kind of like an "Elvis" thing .. without the white jumpsuit suit and barbiturates, of course). There's just a whole lot of shakin' goin' on (you're expecting a reference to Jerry Lee Lewis, aren't you? Not going there. I'm into the obscure, not the obvious). Most days, I'm as nervous as a termite in a yo-yo.

It's time to hop in the shower and get ready for work .. after just one more "cup of coffee".

Spiderman, you're not the only one who will be climbing walls today.

No comments: