Monday, August 18, 2008

Sincerity .. Am I Faking It Okay?


It's another Monday, my favorite day of the week (I am also independently wealthy and look like Brad Pitt).

I don't know why most people dread Mondays so much. We should look at it as a privilege just to be alive (barely alive .. but alive, none the less) and kicking (there are a couple of folk I would love to kick).

Tonight, I have been asked to sing at a revival service in Rutherford. I suppose I need to have a little attitude adjustment (ya' think?) beforehand. Don't get me wrong. God knows everything about me and He loves me "just the way I am" (I sure do miss Mr. Rogers). Like the psalmist, I am fearfully (run .. it's Freddy Krueger!) and wonderfully (I've got nothing for this one) made.

Baptists don't usually like you the way God and Mr. Rogers does. They like you "just the way they want you to be." I understand this completely and, like the Apostle Paul, I can be ALL things to ALL people.

That's why when I have a headache or low-grade fever, I just try to grin and bear it. The people deserve a minister who is always positive and upbeat .. in other words, a complete fake.

This blog, however, gives me the chance to be real. What you read is what you get.

In the words of Toby Keith, "How do you like me now?"

No comments: