Sunday, August 24, 2008

Smells Like Nirvana


After church this morning, Cheryl and I went to the Humboldt Grill for lunch. She wanted to cook me a big lunch (her sole purpose in life is to cater to my every whim), but I insisted we eat out. Since I am having some issues with cholesterol and I just had blood work done on Thursday, I knew I needed to eat sensibly. That side of broccoli was just the ticket .. and it tasted great with the ribs and beef tips.

The food is great at The Grill (that's what we professionals call it), but there is one drawback. When you eat at the Humboldt Grill, you smell like the Humboldt Grill for the rest of the day.

Oh, you can try running in the wind or spraying cologne all over. No luck. You could set your clothes on fire and the result would be the overpowering smell of smoke .. and the Humboldt Grill.

Wash your hair. The smell's still there. Blow your nose. Spray it with a water hose. (This is sounding like a Dr. Seuss story). That "greasy spoon" aroma is there for you (and everyone else) to "enjoy" for, at least, twenty four to forty eight hours.

I suppose I will have to endure this for the next day or two. There's nothing I can do. Oh, poo. (There I go with those Seuss-isms, again).

That about wraps up this Sunday afternoon entry. I have to go. There is a pack of wild dogs scratching at my front door and they look hungry.

That stinks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad someone finally put that issue out in the open. Everyone "nose" when you or anyone else has eaten at the grill.