Monday, August 25, 2008

Please Give Me a Sign


Today I get to rub elbows (I have to be careful .. when you reach a certain age, that's considered "first base") with the AARP crowd (actually, I'm eligible. Stop sending me stuff .. I get it.). At 11:30, I will be speaking to a group of senior adults at FBC in Trenton for their regular (thank you, Metamucil) monthly meeting. Then, at 5:30, I have about fifty (49 to be exact, but my OCD requires me to round up to an even number) YYs (Youth of Yesterday from FBC Humboldt) going out to eat at the Catfish Cabin in Jackson.

I love "hanging out" with the elderly. They make you feel young and they prove that there can be life after 50. They also have a few tricks up their sleeves (ziplock bags hold quite a bit of left-over fish and hushpuppies, you know) that can come in handy.

Many people retire and just sit. These "live-wires" prove to me over and over again that you can still live active, fun filled lives in your golden years .. if you choose to do so.

Me? I'm still going with that "sitting" thing.

1 comment:

The Stanphill Family said...

I am keeping the blog...for a little while at least!