Monday, September 15, 2008

I Think, Therefore I Am .. Thinking??


The good thing about writing a blog is .. I can say anything that pops into my head. The bad thing about writing a blog is .. I can say anything that pops into my head. The real issue is should I say anything that pops into my head?

The short answer is "no."

The vast amount of cranial space between my ears (I'm always getting the "big head") is constantly turning and churning out thoughts that should never be put in print. It's not that they are lewd or inappropriate (okay, maybe sometimes). It's just that I have to provide for my family and if the wrong people saw (or read about) the real me, I would be put away for extensive study and you can't make a living when you're locked up (with the exception of Martha Stewart, of course).

Since I am not that "into" inkblots and psych evaluations, I choose my words wisely (okay, just make that .. I choose my words).

Where do these thoughts come from? Why did I end that last sentence with a preposition? How come I am just now starting to be concerned about grammatical accuracy in my writing? Does it really "take one to know one?" Do Catholics from the New England area think the "Bible Belt" is something Southern Baptists wrestle for? Did that last sentence just end with another preposition?

With thoughts like these (and I've got a million of 'em), I could be a super villain in the next Batman movie.

No comments: