Thursday, September 4, 2008

Out, Da**'d Spot .. Have You Tried Sparkle?


On Thursdays, among other things, I go to the hospitals in Jackson. Because of the cost of gas (those closest to me pay the highest price .. evidently, I repeat a lot in my sleep), I try to consolidate any trips that I make there.

Mom and dad live close to Jackson-Madison County General Hospital and I will, often, plan to be in the area right around lunch time (mama didn't raise no dummy). Afterwards, I check on any patients in the surrounding hospitals and pick up any items that the church might need from LifeWay, Sam's Club, Office Depot, etc.

My wife (who, by the way, says I write too many blog entries about her) knows that I will be in Jackson on Thursdays and will, many times, add an item, or two (or three or four) to my list of "to dos".

"While you're in Jackson, can you stop by the Flippins stand and get some peaches?" .. "If you're going to Jackson today, can you pick up my prints from the photo center at Walgreens?" .. Etc .. etc .. etc .. (BTW, when Yul Brenner's hand fell lifelessly to his side, I cried so much Deborah Kerr looked cruel, cold and heartless .. I'm pretty sure I need to be on medicine).

Today, I am picking up dry cleaning at Sparkle Cleaners and dropping off a dress with a spot on the front.

"These deeds must not be thought After these ways; so, it will make us mad." (Macbeth, Act 2, Scene 2)

Unlike Lady Macbeth, I'm not mad. I'm glad Cheryl trusts me enough to handle this task.

Marriage is all about give and take.

She gives me clothes that need dry cleaning and I take them.

No comments: