Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm Not a Very Smart Man


When you try to turn out a new blog entry every single day, mistakes are going to happen. This is especially true when most of the writings occur somewhere between 3:00 AM (I'm a light sleeper .. I doze off during the day, when it's light) and 7:00 AM.

There are always "problems" in my posts (yes, Katie, I am aware of this), but yesterday I reached a new high .. or low .. or, whatever you want to call it. I had to go back and "fix" three or four things over the course of the day. I don't know what happened.

Granted, I didn't get much sleep. However, this was some of the shoddiest .. most shoddy .. okay .. it was a train wreck.

I don't like looking stupid. Oh, I know I look stupid on a regular basis .. but, I don't like it. If it's true that "stupid is as stupid does," I is because I does.

Hopefully, my readers know what I mean when what they read looks like some type of "unabomber manifesto."

I just need to slow down a little and not feel the pressure to crank out a smart, witty, slice of my life that makes everyone laugh. I've done enough "standup" to know .. that ain't gonna happen.

My new goal is to evoke an occasional smile and produce a blog with minimal errors.

Misspellers of the world, untie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, since you called me by name... it's "aN old man" in yesterday's post. Yes, even though I didn't call any of yesterday's mistakes to your attention, now I feel obligated. :-D You still make me laugh.