Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm Stuffed .. Still


If the goal of Lambert's Cafe is to have customers freely consume mass quantities of food until they want to upchuck, yesterday's visit was a rousing success. The old Alka-Seltzer commercial comes to mind because .. I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Besides what you order, they walk around throwing rolls, spooning okra, potatoes, & black-eyed peas on your plate, and slapping sorghum molasses on your bread. No matter how much you want it to stop, it just won't. It was kind of like that "100 Bottles of Beer (make that Sprite .. for us Baptists) on the Wall" song.

They were the pushers, we were the junkies, and the entire group needs some type of intervention .. Hi, my name is Kevin and I stuffed enough food into my "pie hole" to kill a moose. Do you have a "Baby Ruth?"

We left the restaurant as a visual reminder of the evils of gluttony. There were 28 of us slowly waddling to the bus. It looked just like a scene from "March of the Penguins."

Perhaps, the saddest thing of all was when one of my YYs got on the bus and asked if we could stop for ice cream.

Houston, we have a problem.

No comments: