Sunday, September 14, 2008

Late Night with Kevin Hamilton

This Sunday evening post (that's a day later than the more famous, "Saturday Evening" one) is running later than usual. It's after 9 PM which means Ben Stallings has already been in bed for, at least, thirty minutes.

I try to update this blog on a daily basis for my adoring fans .. okay, fan (thanks for reading, mom), but Sundays are always a challenge.

Today was no exception.

The "Big Daddy Weave", "Rush of Fools" and Jason Gray concert was great last night. However, it lasted to almost 10:30 and then everything had to be put back in place for Sunday services. That meant I didn't get home until almost 1:00 AM. When you factor in "winding down" and "mind running wild" time into the equation, that equaled around four hours sleep before the alarm sounded this morning.

I don't do well with four hours sleep. I can be a little testy (I chewed through a spoon while eating breakfast) and slightly irritable (slapping annoying people is not that bad, is it? I promise I didn't know they were first time visitors).

Somehow, I made it through the morning service without too much problem. Greg thought I was really "with him" during his sermon. The nodding was not in affirmation, however. I'm sure it was a good message. I'll try to listen to the recording .. like that's going to happen.

Since I needed to be back by 3:30 this afternoon (last minute preparations and setting up for handbells .. which met after church at 7:15 PM), I chose (there was really no choice .. I couldn't keep my eyes open) to take a nap on the couch .. instead of writing on the blog.

Please forgive me. I love you all and want to keep you entertained (I call that "wishful thinking") each and every day. However, I can't always be there for you. The spirit is willing (okay, not that willing), but the flesh is weak.

I'll try to do better, but if you've seen actual photos of me .. I need my beauty sleep.

No comments: