Friday, September 5, 2008

The Notebook


I have been called upon to be the keynote (many times, a little off keynote) speaker at banquets, birthdays and bar mitzvahs for over 30 years (I use the same material .. you just change the name of the current president).

Every joke and "shtick" that I have ever performed is in a three-ringed, gray notebook that is .. missing.

I've looked in my black satchel. I've looked in my car. I've looked in my office (it might be in there, but that search could take several days). I can't find the notebook.

Tonight, I have a very important speaking engagement (I use the term very important when there's money involved) and I need my notebook. For crying out loud, it has my "nose flute" (yes, it's exactly what you think it is) in there!

Today's entry is very brief (much like the career of Pia Zadora), but I am on a mission to find this missing treasure.

Indiana Jones, I could use some help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just go online and search for joke books made in the 1980's. Im sure you will find most of your jokes there.

Anonymous said...

ask your wife...