Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ain't It Good to Be Back Home Again


The convention is still in session, but I needed (okay .. I wanted) to get back to Humboldt, tonight. Cheryl doesn't like it when I'm away two days in a row (she hates the thought of other women 'eye-balling' her man .. even if most of them are missionaries or in the WMU .. over the age of 75). Since I didn't want to upset the apple cart (that reminds me .. Granny Smith touched my foot under the table at lunch and I don't think it was an accident), I am writing this entry from the privacy (as private as you can be in a small town) of my own home.

As soon as I sang the last note, I was out the door of the choir loft (I faked a coughing spell .. I'm not sure what a 'spell' is, but we have lots of them .. here in the south) and on my way to my car. I was home by 5:30 this afternoon (yes, I obeyed all the speed suggestions).

This morning's time of worship, which included Dr. David Dockery (or 'Spanky" .. as all his friends call him .. make that will start calling him) from Union, was very meaningful. Everything pointed to the Lord (a novel idea, don't you think?) and you could really sense His presence.

When you can feel the Lord at a Tennessee Baptist Convention session, that is really something!

All in all, not a bad couple of days.

No comments: