Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Re-Tired (Tired Again)


It's not quite 5 A.M. (that's sleeping in, compared to yesterday) and very quiet around here. I wanted to stay in bed, but there's so much to to do and so little time.

This is a short work week (that's good) and I have to have everything ready for Sunday .. today (that's bad). Wednesday rehearsal is now on Tuesday (tonight at 6:30) for the adult choir and we must go through Sunday's music and work on our Christmas pieces, as well.

We did have a bonus rehearsal last Sunday (that was just the day before yesterday) after church, but since the morning worship hour was more like the morning worship two hour, I cut it short (much like Cheryl's new 'do).

One of our members said later it was like we were just "going through the motions."

Just going through the motions.

When did we lose the magic? When did we start taking one another for granted? When did extra rehearsals become .. regular rehearsals?

I, for one, am not willing to give up on this relationship. We've been together for over nine years. I've invested a lot of blood, sweat and tears (what goes up, must come down) and I'm going to do everything in my power to "make it work."

So .. I'm doing the "Choir Love Dare" to help strengthen the bond between choral director and choir.

I will be doing acts of kindness every day for forty days (this will have to start in January .. I'm a bear to be around before Christmas) in an effort to make me .. fireproof.

With this economy, I can't afford to be fired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the hardest musicals I have ever tried to do. I don't even have rehearsal this week due to meeting at West Jackson tonight for community service. I dread to see what the finally result will be on performance night. O well, what will be , will be. bubba.

Anonymous said...

As a loyal and faithful choir member.......I PLEAD THE 5TH!!!!!!