Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fight 'em. Hold 'em. GoaTee Go!


With all the talk about change in recent months, I decided to make a few, myself.

I am in the process of growing a mustache and goatee.

The idea was to "mix things up" a bit .. and make me look more distinguished. The results, thus far, have not quite yielded the look I was going for.

I was hoping for a cross (we all have ours to bear) between Al Pacino and Tom Selleck. At this point, I sort of resemble the "love child" of Buffalo Bill Cody and .. a goat. While some may have no problem, whatsoever, with this "cowboy/critter combo" .. it ain't workin' for me, yet.

The first time I grew a mustache, I was a junior in high school. It was nice and dark (after a little bit of eyebrow pencil magic) and it made me look older (like a senior in high school). I kept the 'stache for a number of years and still had it when Cheryl and I married.

My newest "facial expression" has a lot more blonde in it than before and it's hard to recognize that guy in the mirror. Every time I walk by, I do a "double-take" (different than the '007 with gun in hand' thing that I normally do).

It still makes me look older .. about 74 or 75. Again, not exactly what I was going for.

Looking older does have it's advantages, however.

Young people have been really good about helping me cross the street.

If only I wanted to cross the street.

Punk kids of today. Now when I was a boy ..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get out the straight razor and leather strap! That "Blonde" (age has affected your ability to distinguish color) stuff has got to go.......the other Rev. Kev suited us just fine.