Friday, November 21, 2008

Nacho, Nacho Man


Yesterday was rather long (per usual for Thursday) and when I got home, I just wanted to do some "chillaxin" (that's chillin' and relaxin' .. I forget not everyone here talks gangsta' like me). Cheryl had made some delicious black bean soup (which. by the way, I have enjoyed all night long), so we ate in front of the television .. something we would never let our children do.

When we finished watching a couple of programs we both enjoy (I love the DVR) and the playlist only included shows on HGTV, I retired to the back room and checked email (I'm so glad I did .. I won a free ipod, laptop, $100 gift card, and I can stop snoring like magic).

The Movie Gallery in Humboldt is closing and I had purchased a few "must see" flicks (using a couple of gift cards) for 60% off (which is still $8 or $9 more than Amazon's price). I decided to get in bed and watch one of them on the computer. Since Nacho Libre was ninety minutes long, it was the winner .. and I use that term very loosely.

While not a Citizen Kane, the movie provided a few laughs to a, mostly, serious-minded person like me.

I may not be giving this flick all the credit it deserves. In all fairness, I did sleep through (I told you I was tired) portions of the movie and probably missed some of the critical plot twists and turns associated with a typical Jack Black film.

I give it one thumb up or two stars.

YMMV.

No comments: