Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hop On the Bus, Gus


This has been a topsy turvy week and it's far from over. Today is "finish the order of service for Sunday/go to the hospitals/pick up the meat for the senior adult meeting/and go to YYs" day. In other words, it's Thursday.

The good thing about being busy is .. it helps keep me out of trouble. Unfortunately, no matter how busy I am, I still get in trouble (I say stupid stuff .. do stupid stuff .. write stupid stuff .. think stupid stuff). I don't have a prayer (except this one: "God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference").

In our men's group yesterday morning, we talked about being truthful .. in everything. This really got me thinking about what I write here each and every day.

Perhaps, I stretch the truth just a tiny bit (also known as lying) for comedic effect and, in the process, hurt the ones who are dearest to me.

Maybe I've gone "over the edge" on occasion just for a cheap laugh .. at the expense of others.

It's possible, I have cared far more about trying to be funny than trying to be sensitive to the feelings of family and friends.

Nah.

Grow up, cry babies.

No comments: