Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just Like It Never Happened


Yesterday is gone and I am so grateful (most appropriate in this Thanksgiving season). It was not a bad day. In fact, it was not bad at all. I just needed to have a couple of RevKev clones (isn't that a scary thought) to accomplish everything that needed to be done.

I usually start the day with some type of "to do" list (wake up .. drink coffee.. blog .. it's sort of sketchy from there). Yesterday, that "to do" list never got "to done."

Wednesdays are tough for music ministers. We only work two days a week (in the eyes of many) and we have to get a lot done in preparation for our other work day .. Sunday.

Several weeks ago, we ordered a new monitor system (ear buds) to help me with the sound levels on the stage area. To be honest with you, I can't hear it thunder (thank goodness I'm not in a profession that requires good listening skills).

Yesterday, in the middle of preparing for rehearsals and a special .. even more so than usual .. Sunday service, they were finally able to get it installed. I was in and out of the sanctuary, up and down stairs, and back and forth between the first and second floors all afternoon. This is a far cry from what I usually do on Wednesdays .. sit at the computer on my "rusty dusty" (a term my aunt used .. I'm not sure why).

With Christmas fast approaching (the panic attacks have already started), I wanted to have this new system in place for a few weeks to get used to it. I got my wish, but .. why on Wednesday?

On a positive note, this baby has a built in AM/FM tuner and I can listen to the radio while Greg is preaching.

Totally worth it.

No comments: