Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Keep the Change


In the words of our new president-elect, "change has come to America." That's right. If you have not heard by now, we will have a new president, come January (it was in all the papers). The people have spoken (the same people who voted Rueben Studdard over Clay Aiken on the second season of "American Idol" in 2003 .. how's that working out, again?) and Barack Obama will be headed to the White House.

While "my guy" (talkin' 'bout my guy .. my guy) was not elected, I am not sad or depressed. The sun came up (make that .. it's coming up, shortly .. I assume) this morning, the birds are singing, and God is still on His throne.

It is my responsibility to pray for those in authority over me (this is why I pray for Cheryl each and every day) and that is exactly what I am going to do.

This country and its leadership need some very serious prayer coverage. Won't you join me in this endeavor?

The "change" that needs to come to America is not found in a man or a political party. It is found in a "called" people who are willing to humble themselves .. pray .. seek .. and turn.

God bless America .. please.

No comments: