Friday, November 14, 2008

Freedom!

I'm off today (not the 'a few bricks shy of a load' off that is so readily associated with me .. I don't have to go to work) and I am looking forward to accomplishing .. absolutely nothing.

Most Fridays come with a "honey do" list (not a very extensive one, but a list, nonetheless) so, I am trying to stay clear of Cheryl this morning (I'm writing this on my laptop .. under our bed). I'm trusting the saying, "out of sight, out of mind" is more than just a clever quip. In fact, I'm banking on it.

Cheryl doesn't know how to just stay home and do nothing. She's the kind of person who can walk by the venetian blinds in the den, notice a tiny bit of dust, and start cleaning them with a wet rag. However, when that doesn't quite "get it," she ends up taking down every blind in the house and soaking them in a bathtub full of water and bleach. A three minute project has now taken several hours.

Women notice things that guys don't.

I look in the back yard and see a storage building. Cheryl looks in the back yard and can see into that same storage building (I think women have some type of x-ray vision .. like Superman) and know that it needs to be swept, cleaned and organized (I'm thinking of joining forces with Lex Luthor .. I curse you, Superman).

Women have different standards than men.

A woman will spend thirty minutes carefully ironing a blouse that she will be wearing .. around the house. A guy can find a shirt in the sewer, stick it in the dryer on "fluff" for three minutes, and wear it on a date.

I need to go. Cheryl is calling my name and I can't afford to have her find me.

I am now establishing radio silence (I just turned off the radio).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope Cheryl didn't find your secret hiding place.....let me know if that one works, I'll try it. ENJOY your day off.

RevKev♫ said...

Don't tell!